Saturday, May 1, 2010

Markets and a Contest

I'm not sure if I mentioned this market before but "Hazard Cat" is looking for submissions in all genres but the stories must have cats. The pay is 1/2cent per word for stories up to 5000 words with a flat $5 for poetry and artwork. You can find all the details at http://hazardcat.blogspot.com/p/submissions.html

I also ran across a zine called Black Heart Magazine http://blackheartmagazine.com/ which is looking for dark stories up to 2500 words and flash pieces under 500. This is a non-paying market.

The second Watery Grave Invitational kicks off today over at The Drowning Machine. http://drowningmachine.blogspot.com/2010/05/feel-like-im-fixin-to-drown-2nd-watery.html This is a great opportunity for short story writers to get their stories before a larger audience. All you have to do is email a link to your best e-pubbed story of 3000 words or less by May 7. The story you link to must have been published on or before April 15, 2010. You'll find all the details at the link.

And just a note to say that I'll be popping in with more posts as the day goes on. The Derringer Awards will be announced today and The Spinetinglers will be announcing their winners throughout the day. So stay tuned!

BUSTED FLUSH PRESS has won in the Spinetinger category of Best Mystery/Crime Fiction Press, Publisher or Imprint!!! Congratulations!!

2 comments:

Naomi Johnson said...

Sandra, thanks for the shout out. I hope you join in again this year.

sandra seamans said...

Always a pleasure to get the word out, Naomi! I doubt I'll be joining in as I don't think I have any stories online within the deadline dates.