Sunday, December 20, 2009

No Links Tonight

The links will probably be a little slim this week. Many of the markets are closed to submissions until after the first of the year and most of the blog posts are lists of ten or Christmas stories. While all of this is interesting, it's not exactly the type of links you usually find here. If something interesting pops up on the link radar, I'll post it for you.

Another thing I'm finding is a lot of is non-paying new markets, most of which aren't mystery related. If you're looking for this type of market, drop on by Duotrope and click on the What's New link. One of the reason I'm not posting these right now is because so many of them are what I call "wannabe" markets that never get off the ground. I've posted many of them in the past only to find that they never publish a first issue or there's a first issue and then they're gone. That's a waste of a writer's time. And yes, I've been there hoping to get in on the ground floor of a new zine only to have it disappear into the ether.

Of course, all of this sounds a little Bah! Humbug! but it's not meant to be. I hope all of you are enjoying the holiday season and looking forward to a new year of writing. I know I am.

5 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Happy Holidays to you and yours Sandra.

I am looking forward in 2010 to not only writing, but getting the material out there. I'm sitting on probably two dozen stories that need to leave the roost.

Conda Douglas said...

Yes, it's time for the focus on the festivities--although I continue to write and submit, it's like breathing.

Have a great holiday season, Sandra.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks, both of you! I spent the day Christmas shopping, yes, I'm one of those last minute shoppers.

I know what you mean about stories that need to leave the roost, David! I have some out on submission, some accepted for publication next year but there's still those that haven't been sent out yet.

Same here, Conda, but the next couple of days will be filled with cookies baking in the oven and wrapping paper crinkling.

Anita Page said...

Happy holidays, Sandra, and thanks for all you do. Your blog and a cup of tea starts my day.

sandra seamans said...

I'm usually here with a cup of coffee, Anita. Nice to know I'm not alone. Happy Holidays!