Saturday, April 18, 2009

Winners and Interviews and Norbert Davis

A giant round of Snoopy Dances for the winners of the Twist of Noir Contest!! Great stories guys!

1st place "In the Shower, Thinking" by Keith Rawson
2nd place "Past Due" by Eric Beetner
3rd place "Henson Comes Home" by Andy Henion

Regular readers of The Corner know that I'm a great admirer of Kyle Minor's short stories, so imagine my surprise when I received an email from him last night. He had dropped me a thank you note for mentioning him in my interview at BSC and the lovely man pointed me in the direction of an interview he'd done at Hardboiled Wonderland. Here's the url http://spaceythompson.blogspot.com/2009/04/minority-report.html Well, don't hang around here, the man's a short story genius, go see what he has to say.

Last week I won a book over at Poe's Deadly Daughters. I'm three chapters into "Flipping Out" by Marshall Karp and enjoying the hell out of the book. Mr. Karp is a new to me author and this is the third book in his Lomax and Biggs series, so I was quite pleased to find an interview with him up at Murderati this morning. Here's the url http://www.murderati.com/blog/2009/4/18/marshall-karp-flips-out.html Excellent interview with loads of fun and good advice. Check it out, Marshall put a smile on my face this morning!

Since we're doing interview links today, I thought I'd mention The Big Adios. No, this isn't a western site, it's a crime forum, and at the forum is a section called Interrogations. If you click on that you'll find interviews with both newbies like Ray Banks, Duane Swierczynski and Ken Bruen and old, familiar names like Ed Gorman, Joe Lansdale and Bill Pronzini. Hey, it's Saturday, treat youself to some time learning about authors you love. You'll find a link to The Big Adios in the Link section to the left.

And in celebration of what would have been author, Norbert Davis', 100 birthday, David Cranmer has posted an excellent essay about him with lots of yummy links to click on. http://davidcranmer.blogspot.com/

And when it goes live, I'll post the link to the newest BSC post of Conversations with the Bookless. I'm loving this series, not just because I'm learning more about the writers but because Brian is taking the time to showcase the short stories of these talented writers. You've gotta love a man (or woman) who points readers in the direction of our beloved shorts.

I'm declaring this Keith Rawson day here at The Corner, not only did he win the Twist of Noir Contest, it's his turn up at Conversations with the Bookless. You can read Keith's interview here http://www.bookspotcentral.com/2009/04/conversations-with-the-bookless-keith-rawson/ And I just found out he's up at Crime-Wav! That calls for another round of Snoopy Dances!!

3 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Great stuff!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Sandra! I'm Snoppy dancing right back at you, Young lady!

sandra seamans said...

Ha! I left young behind me a million years ago, just ask my grandsons.