Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Crossed Genres #5 - A Short Story Month Selection

Crossed Genres #5 is available free online or you can purchase a print or Kindle version to help support the magazine.

If you click on the link above be sure to read "Vintage Millennial Cookery Info Manual by the Geusian Ladies Society" by Sylvia Spruck Wrigley.  Now, I'm not fond of stories with recipes and I'm not even sure why I clicked on this one but I'm glad I did.  I always love when a writer does something different and this story is a prime example of just how different a story can be written.  The Ladies Society consists of the wives of soldiers who are waiting for the return of their loved ones.  The story unfolds in a series of emails between four women that contain recipes that can be used at dinner parties.  The emails paint a picture of the world these women are living in and the future that awaits them.  Wonderfully and vividly done.

No comments: