Saturday, August 3, 2013

Horror in Two Sentences

I've seen this talked about here and there on the 'net but thought I'd post a link to Hell Notes where they have the top ten really short scarey horror stories.  The writer has two sentences or less to scare the crap of readers :)  Can you do that?  If you'd like to give it a whirl drop your story in the comments here.  Have fun!!

Here's my try:
The middle of freaking nowhere and the pickup sputtered to a stop beside a creepy looking old man smoking a cigarette.  Too bad the gas tank was full.

2 comments:

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Clever!

sandra seamans said...

Thanks, Jacqueline! I love playing around with really short pieces. I used to write quite a few 55ers and drabbles but the market pretty much dried up for those. Still, sometimes I like to do them just for fun because they're great for helping you keep your writing tight.