Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Morning Morsels

Brian Lindenmuth takes a look at short stories over at the Do Some Damage blog this morning. Stop on by http://dosomedamage.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-praise-of-short-story.html

Jim Harringon has six questions for Josh Goller, the editor of The Molotov Cocktail over at his excellent Six Questions for...blog. http://sixquestionsfor.blogspot.com/2011/12/six-questions-for-josh-goller-editor.html

If you're stuck and need an interesting prompt to get you motivated stop on over to Peter Rozovsky's blog and take a look at this picture. http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/2011/12/storm-and-all-ports.html

I looked at that picture and saw my fictional Mulberry Street where several of my stories have taken place.

8 comments:

Ron Scheer said...

Your last comment reminds me of a series of stories I once wrote about people in a farming community near where I grew up. It was a strange and sad experience visiting there years later to find that the places I'd imagined didn't exist...as well as the people.

sandra seamans said...

It certainly would be nice if those imaginary places were real, Ron, or at least the way we remembered them. :)

Peter Rozovsky said...

Ha! I hardly think my post could motivate anyone to do anything except stop working and drink a glass of port instead.

That street is not particularly bleak, actually, and those small shops are still open, though not at night, when I took the picture.

======================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

sandra seamans said...

But a glass of Port and that photo together? Now, that could make the beginnings of a great story :)

Taking the photo at night gave it a great noir feeling, Peter, and I loved it.

Peter Rozovsky said...

Sandra, I had never thought of using photos as story prompts. I have long enjoyed taking such nourish photos. Here are a few more. Perhaps I’ll use them to jump-start my own sporadic fiction efforts.

Thanks.
=============================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

sandra seamans said...

Pictures make great prompts, Peter! You just let yourself get swallowed up inside the picture and start writing. At the top of the street in your picture there are two people walking, hmmm. Are they lovers, thives, is one of them wounded?

Now I'm off to look at the others.

sandra seamans said...

More great pictures, Peter! The castle would be a great backdrop for a fantasy story!

Peter Rozovsky said...

Er, that's "noirish" photos, not "nourish."