Tuesday, June 21, 2011

That Rejection Thing Again

There's a great post by Deborah J. Ross over at the Book View Cafe about rejection and all those old stories that writers keep tucked away in a trunk. Since I've been going through my old stories and attempting to rewrite a few of them, this was very informative. The post also takes a look at whether or not a writer should self-publish those old rejects and failed projects. http://blog.bookviewcafe.com/2011/06/21/the-writing-life-letting-go-moving-on/

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Usually when I try to rewrite something, it still doesn't work. I think the original idea is still too firmly in the idea bank.

sandra seamans said...

I've been having that problem with a story I'm working on now, Patti. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a different story, even as I steal bits and pieces from the old one. It's very hard to shake off an idea that's stuck in your head, even when you know it's a bad one :)