Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wow! 100 Posts!

Who knew when I started this blog that I'd manage to hit a hundred posts in four months. I've got to say that I'm enjoying blogging and all the folks who stop by. There have been a few surprises along the way, such as Robert Fate stopping by and the student who reviewed my story in The Thrilling Detective for a class writing project. All in all, it's been a fun ride that I hope continues for a long time.

Now, on to a few other things. Relating to the last post about writing, yesterday I came across a writing post at Tom Piccirilli's blog that works in nicely with the rest of the links I posted. Mr. Piccirilli discusses outlining. Here's the link http://thecoldspot.blogspot.com/2009/02/fuck-outlining.html As you can guess from the link title he doesn't think much of outlining.

I don't know if you noticed or not but I've added some new links to the left. A column of print magazines and most of the links take you straight to the guidelines. With my computer out, I actually found the top of my desk under all my files, notepads, and scribbled notes. I also found a few resource links I'd forgotten about, also added to the left.

Crimespree Magazine opens for fiction submissions today and until the end of the month. They only take subs every other month so get polishing.

I got a note from Chris Pemental today. He'd like to open up Bad Things for weekly flash pieces if anyone is interested. If so, drop him a line at chris (at) chrispemental.com and let him know. Tell him Sandra sent you.

And a few of Snoopy dances are in order.

First, a dance for David Cranmer and his excellent zine Beat to a Pulp. You've pulled together a great zine, David. Keep up the good work. And for those who haven't read the latest issue, link's to the left.

Second, there's a new issue of Plots with Guns up which leads to our third.

Big time Snoopy dance for friend of the corner, Keith Rawson, who's hit a tipple play of stories this week - You can find him at Plots with Guns, The Flash Fiction Offensive and PulpPusher. Way to write, Keith!

And finally, a quote today from Clint Eastwood. While he's referring to acting, this works equally well for writing.

"Once you're in the character you can do anything."

8 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Yes, there's some great stories around now and lots of them are Keith's! Don't know how he does it but he does.He also had a story in Darkest Before Dawn a cuple of weeks ago!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Congrats, Sandra. You've immediately become an essential stop.

David Cranmer said...

Thanks Sandra and super congrats on your 100th. And I will check these links.

sandra seamans said...

It's wonderful finding so many great stories, Paul. It's amazing the amound of talent that's on display in the zines.

And, Patti, I don't know how essential I am, but I'm having fun. I like sharing the links here because when I first started trying to find markets hardly anybody pointed out where to find them. Beginners sunk or swam on their own. This blog is just my small attempt at giving back to a community of writers who've helped me.

Thanks, David, and enjoy the links!

Anonymous said...

Sandra - Congrats on hitting 100! Your good news sent me back to re-read how Amber Barclay took care of business. She and Kristin Van Dijk have much in common. Warmest best, Bob Fate

Barbara Martin said...

Sandra, thanks for the new links. I keep coming back to read more your work.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks Robert and Barbara! Always happy to see visitors enjoying the blog.

Unknown said...

Sandra,

Thanks for the props! I'm just following the leader AKA YOU! Congrats on the 100th post, and also thanks for the snoopy dace