Monday, March 30, 2009

Slip Your Reading Glasses On

The Spring issue of Mysterical E has hit the streets and one of my favorite short story writers, Patti Abbot, has a great story in the new issue called "Hunting and Fishing in the Keys". I was so sure where that story was going but when it got there, it wasn't at all what I expected.

When you're done there, click on over to BTAP for the Weekly Punch. Albert Tucher is up with a new Diana story, and I think its one of his best yet, called "No Hands".

Another friend of the corner, Paul Brazill, has not one but two stories up at "A Twist of Noir" and Brian over at Book Spot Central has done a review of "Sins of the Father". Three out of five stars ain't too shabby.

A big round of Snoopy Dances for these lovely friends of The Corner. And I know I've probably missed somebody, but I'm waaaay behind in my reading.

And if your writer's brain needs a little lift drop on by John Connolly's blog, And Another Thing, and read this blog entry http://www.johnconnollybooks.com/2009/03/gates.html It's a wonderful thing to realize that even the biggies in the business have their doubts but aren't afraid to push the envelope into something new and different.

6 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Sandra. I knew where it was going but not exactly how to get there. Did they deserve their fate?

sandra seamans said...

I had it in my mind that the two men had probably raped or killed one or more women over the years and was expecting a revenge story, so the ending was that much more surprising when the final act was as random as their pickup dates. Did they deserve their fate? Probably, yes.

Paul D Brazill said...

Sandra. Thanks very much! (3 out of 5 from a tough cookie like Brian is more than I'd expect!!).

David Cranmer said...

All three writers did themselves proud here.

sandra seamans said...

Yes, they did, and it's always fun to come across a story written by someone you know in the writing world.

I love this verification word

sneglarm

It sounds like a great character name. And yes, I have a wierd mind.

Paul D Brazill said...

Patti and Al's stories are beuts. The WV is 'deduchet'.