Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Procrastination Updates

While going through some old e-mail files, I found a marketing list that had been compiled by a member of SMFS back in 2005. Some of the links were dead, but I found three that might be helpful and posted them in the market sources column to the left. Some days it pays to hang on to old emails.

One link went to Kerlak Publishing's anthology call for stories page and I found one listed that might be of interest to the corner's readers. The editor is looking for WTF mysteries, but there's a catch, no swearing in the story. He explains what he's looking for here http://www.kerlak.com/storycall.html and the deadline is April 30.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot. Plots with Guns is looking for cross genre stories for their May issue. Yep, sci-fi noir, Plots with Ray Guns. http://www.plotswithguns.com/4info2.htm

And yes, like the title says, I'm doing this rather than write. But hey, at least I'll have some markets at my fingertips when I do finally finish a story.

And a quote today from WH Auden.
"How do I know what I think, until I see what I say."

***David Cranmer has reminded us in the comments that Out of Gutter is open for submissions. Issue 6's theme is sexploitation. Here's the url to the guidelines http://outoftheguttermagazine.blogspot.com/2007/05/submission-guidelines.html

2 comments:

David Cranmer said...

I'm just the opposite these days. My fingers can't type fast enough to get it all down. Btw I've noticed OOTG is now open for submissions.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks, David! I hadn't stopped by OOTG in a while so I missed that.

Losing my computer and using a borrowed one has kind of put me off my rhythm.