Saturday, April 13, 2019

Oh, The Weird I Find

I ran across this "anthology" call today but decided against posting it as a legitimate call as the selected writers are called winners as in contest.  It's as if they can't decide if they're running a contest or an anthology call.  There's also a $15 reading fee and all the authors accepted into the anthology will receive two copies of the book as payment.  On the contest side the two best stories will each receive $100 plus two copies.  The publishing world just gets weirder and weirder.

6 comments:

Al Tucher said...

I believe I will pass.

sandra seamans said...

Easy choice, Al :)

Jim Wilsky said...

Hi Sandra! I can honestly say I've never paid a reading fee. Maybe I should have a few times down through the years with some legitimate contests, run by some recognized folks - but it has always been a line in the sand for me. Best to you and yours.

sandra seamans said...

Totally agree, Jim. Unless you're doing the literary thing where those contests can help your career you're better off not paying a reading fee.

Leroy B. Vaughn said...

I could read about 5 stories an hour, at $15.00 each. Nice part time gig.

Hannahschroer said...

Very creative ppost