Friday, January 18, 2019

The Future is Female by Alexandria Lightman

Sometimes I wonder what women are thinking when they write something like this.  In six sentences she dismissed all the hard work of the women who achieved so much as they worked either alone or side by side with the men.  The men didn't do it alone and to say they did is to say that women didn't matter.  Shame on you.

And yes, I usually stay out of the political correctness battles but this one really pissed me off.  While women aren't given the credit they deserve it doesn't mean they were sitting on the sidelines wringing their hands while the men dashed about on their white horses saving the damsels in distress and making the world safe for femininity.  Finished with my rant now :)

4 comments:

Leroy B. Vaughn said...

Good comment Sandra.

Thomas Pluck said...

Ha, wow. No one is asking men to disappear. I think we can do just fine without hogging the spotlight, as we have for most of recent history... or written out the women who had the spotlight.

Manuel Royal said...

Those are six bizarre sentences. The first four sentences paint a picture more sexist than the most extreme MRA fantasies. Not sure what she was really trying to say.

sandra seamans said...

It's my opinion and I stand by it, which is more then I can say for you Anonymous.

Personally I think the young women of today have no idea about the history of women. They just jump on a bandwagon and declare all men the enemy. They don't represent me or my ideas and I resent the fact that they think they do, just like the Germans who don't believe in Mein Kampf.