Monday, September 1, 2014

The Story Cupboard

I always find story ideas in the strangest places.  This morning I was watching a commercial where they kept showing feet and suddenly this phrase popped into my head  - The land of no feet.  Yes, I have a very weird mind.

But think about it.  There's no dancing, or walking, or running.  Do the people have wheels for feet?  Do they all just sit around in chairs waiting for someone to return their feet?  If there never were never any feet in this land what would happen if a stranger with feet passed through?  No toe tapping just finger drumming.  Do they all walk on their hands?  Perhaps they have flippers instead of feet.  Do they dance in the water?  Is their world made of water - a series of canals that they travel through?

One idea - A thousand questions - And finally a story.  I wonder would anyone read an anthology about a land of no feet.

Ideas are everywhere, add questions, stretch your imagination, then write.

6 comments:

Michael Bracken said...

I guess all the bad guys would be de-feeted.

sandra seamans said...

Well, that put a big smile on my face, Michael. I see your imagination is in full gear.

Oscar Case said...

I think the story should be written by a person named Foote, one of my relatives.

sandra seamans said...

Go for it, Oscar!

Manuel Royal said...

In the land of no feet, Long John Silver would be king. Or possibly not.

sandra seamans said...

I can see that, Manuel, but Peg Leg Pete might give him a "run" for his money :)