Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Love Surprises

I love when a writer surprises me. Glen Gray has written many short stories and been published in places like ThugLit and BTAP but his stories aren't usually to my taste so I often pass on reading them. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine writer, it's just the subject matter he writes about tends to twist my stomach in knots. Until today.

Today I ran across one of his stories in A Long Story Short. Knowing the "G" rating of this venue, my curiosity got the better of me and I started reading "Missed Calls" and I'm glad I did. This isn't Glen's usual foray into darkness though it is a dark story. It's a bittersweet romance that leaves you with the shivery feeling that things are only going to get darker. Great story, Glen!

You can read Glen's story here http://www.alongstoryshort.net/MISSEDCALLS.html

4 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Glenn did a MAD piece at Thrillers Killers n Chillers recently? Have you read it? Thanks for this tip off.

sandra seamans said...

Haven't read it, Paul, but I'll check it out.

Glenn Gray said...

Thanks for that, Sandra. I visit your site frequently and you can imagine MY surprise when I began reading this post and saw my name! Glad you liked Missed Calls. I have 3 other "G-rated" stories on that site and 1 to be posted next month. Keep up the great work with your stories and the blog. Cheers!

sandra seamans said...

Thanks for stopping by, Glenn! I'll be sure to check out those other stories.