Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Odds and Ends

Maybe it's just me, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on around the usual places. But fear not, I've found a few links that might amuse you.

Chizine magazine is open for submissions. They're looking for dark stories of 4000 words or less and they pay 7cents a word. http://www.chizine.com/submissions_fiction.htm

The September issue of Gemini is now online, their url is to the left. If you entered their flash contest, the winners will be announced at the beginning of October.

And finally, I love reading the sci-fi blogs. Sci-fi fans and writers have so much fun and such a support system for their genre. I hear about the support for the mystery genre and it is there between writers, but I don't see the support for the zines and print publications that exists in the Sci-fi genre. I wonder why that is?

But back to the point, Jeff Vandermeer has a great post up asking the question - if you're an emerging writer, how do you see yourself? I shudder to think what mystery writers would come up with after reading the responses to this post http://www.jeffvandermeer.com/2009/07/writers-are-you-a-face-hugger-a-grub-a-maggot-godzilla-or-what/

No comments: