Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Fun

Okay, I saw this brand spanking new market this morning and just had to wonder what the gentleman was thinking. But, of course, the more I thought about it, the more the idea appealed to my sense of humor. For flash writers this should be a breeze and even if you don't submit, it will certainly stir the creative juices. The new zine is called "First and Last Sentence" and according to the guidelines they want a title, then the first and last sentence of a novel you might write. You can make up an author and a bio to go along with the story and you also have to include the genre of your "novel". http://firstandlastsentence.blogspot.com/

And if you've a mind to, drop your first and last sentence into the comments. I think I'll give it a whirl and write one myself to post later. And a hat tip to The Women of Mystery, because I just realized I stole their regular Friday post title.

Back again with my bit of silliness. I call this Flower Noir


DAY’S END
By Betty Green-Thumb

The sun rose bloody pink across the blooming bed of flowers that lifted their seductive, perfumed heads to worship the dawning day.

As the sun hid its guilt-ridden conscience behind the jagged mountain peaks, the flower stems wept for the loss of their beautiful sun-drenched heads to the blades of the gardener’s shears.

Bio: Ms. Green-Thumb is an avid gardener, potpourri maker, and personal guillotine to a vast array of flowering plants.

2 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

Sandra, that was wickedly good!

sandra seamans said...

Thanks, Barbara! I was just having a good time with the first and last sentence idea. It is so open to writing something humorous.