Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pure Silliness

There are those occasional days when I wish I could figure out how to post pictures on this blog. http://oldcharliebrown.livejournal.com/253388.html

And these folks certainly know how to keep readers in suspense! http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/06/story-that-takes-1000-years-to-read-is-antidote-to-media-whirlwind/ A big hat tip to Brian Lindenmuth who knows how much I love anything short story related. Thanks, Brian!

On a side note, I just passed the 200 posts mark. Pretty awesome when you consider I had no idea what to blog about when I first started.

5 comments:

Clair D. said...

Psst... Sandra, when you create a new post, there's a little button next to the Spell Check button (the one with checkmark and ABC). It looks like a little photo with a blue sky or something-- this is the insert picture button. You can link to the picture on another site or upload it from your computer. You'll see the options in the screen.

Two save a pic to your computer, right click and select Save Picture As (or similar wording.)

To link to a picture, right click and copy Image Location (or similar wording.)

Oh, by the way, if you highlight a set of words (Such as the title of a zine) THEN, select the link button (the world with the chain across it, next to the T with the colors). You put the URL in the box that opens, and the words will be the link. =) Like this

After 200 posts, you should know how to do this stuff! ;-) Congrats on 200 posts. And on all the stories you write and root for.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks, Clair. I've tried that with several pictures but I could never get it to work. I'll copy this off and give it another try. As for hiding the links - I tend to transpose letters and numbers so I'm always having to fix the links, much easier if I can see them :-)

G. B. Miller said...

Congrats on the 200th post. Like your blog so I look forward to that next plateau of 250.

Corey Wilde said...

Funny, but I admire the clean look of your blog - no pix, ads, or distractions. Everything straight to the heart of the matter.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks G and Corey! Most of the time there are no pictures that would go with the links I post but just once in a while....

For the most part, I think keeping it clean helps writers find the links and markets without any distractions, rather like a dictionary of sorts.