Sunday, March 17, 2019

The Titles Story Cupboard

Haven't run across any open markets worth passing along in the last couple of days so I thought I'd do a story cupboard post.  I've noticed lately that a lot of poetry journals and anthologies have great titles.  And from those titles come a few story ideas that might intrigue the writer in you or maybe an anthology editor could see a great collection of short stories based on those titles.  Titles aren't copyrighted, right?

1. Roam - A free-roaming stranger hits town, travel plans gone awry, road trips.

2.  Kissing Dynamite - This one conjures up femme fatales or a mad bomber who leaves lipstick kisses as his calling card.

3.  Paper Bag - Ever wonder what a group of writers could find in a paper bag found anywhere in the world?

4.  Digitally Disturbed - Computers, telephones, so many ways to cause trouble with the click of a key.

5.  Shit & Whimsy -  Ever wonder what a whimsical shit storm of trouble would look like?

6.  Life Beyond Reason - A trip through a madman's mind, or the exploits of a person driven to the point of madness.

7.  Cat Noir - The misadventures of a black cat, or a suddenly free tiger, or perhaps a plain old alley cat who thinks he's the meanest tom in town. 

4 comments:

Leroy B. Vaughn said...


Sandra,
I Like your ideas. I think I may have the answer to #5, shit & whimsy. Reminds me of some of the guys I worked with as a security contractor in the middle-east.

sandra seamans said...

Have fun with it, Leroy!

Thomas Pluck said...

I've been working on a Cat Noir anthology/shared novel...

sandra seamans said...

Sounds like fun, Thomas.