Thursday, April 19, 2018

The Lost Cat Story Cupboard

I haven't been finding very many markets of late especially in the crime fiction genre.  But during my search today I found this ad for a lost cat and all I could think was what a great start for a crime fiction story.  Don't see it?  Well, you have a woman's name, a street name, telephone numbers.  Perhaps her stalker stole the cat to get closer to her.  Perhaps the woman is looking to lure in a visitor.  Perhaps she starts getting calls at all hours, perhaps hangups, maybe heavy breathing, maybe pictures taken of her while she's unaware.  Or maybe the cat...  Let your imagination take you.

3 comments:

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Cats and mystery stories work well together. I've written a few myself.

Leroy B. Vaughn said...

Perhaps it's that lunatic that snatches cats, shaves them completely and turns them loose after several hours.

sandra seamans said...

Yes, they do, Jacqueline.

For a good horror story you could have the cats come back looking for revenge, Leroy. :)