Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Uber Story Cupboard

There are story ideas everywhere, even on TV.  Today I was watching a commercial for Uber, a company that supplies drivers with cars to transport people around a city.  I've never been fond of getting into cars with strangers so my imagination took flight.  Checking out their website I discovered that they actively seek ex-military personnel as drivers.  I had already thought of several ideas like a stalker pursuing one of his passengers or maybe a driver forced to drive for a group of bank robbers or kidnappers or maybe even a serial killer.  If you add in the military angle you've got a great action story.  And while you can't use Uber you can make up your own car and driver company and place it in any city in the world.  Story ideas are only as far away as your imagination can take you.

No comments: