Monday, September 19, 2011

Pulp

I'm not sure about this market and for some reason Aurora Publishing is ringing a bell in my head, but I don't know why. Googling didn't help because there's about five companies with that name. Anyhoo, Pulp Corner is looking for shorts from flash to 30,000 words in all genres. Their idea is to sell individual stories for 25 to 75cents a piece and split the profits. They're just getting started so I have no clue how this will all fall together. The editor is Scott Epstein and submissions are through Submishmash. You can check them out here http://www.pulpcorner.com And they have more details on their blog. There's a link to the blog at the top of the page.

Twit Publishing has a new anthology call up for a new genre, Diesel Punk. They're looking for shorts of 4000 to 9000 words in any genre, so long as you incorporate the Diesel Punk theme into it. US writers only. The deadline is April 30, 2012 so you have plenty of time to play around with this. No pay mentioned. http://www.twitpublishing.com/Submissions.htm

From Twit Publishing I also found a link to New Pulp Fiction. This is not a short story market, but rather a site that keeps you abreast of the latest in pulp fiction. They do have a list of zines and publishers of the new pulp fiction on the site though. You can check them out here http://www.newpulpfiction.com/

And for those of you who like a prompt to work with there's The Friday Challenge. Every Friday this site gives you a prompt, then you have a week to post a short story to your own site or in their comments section. They do offer prizes occasionally. This site seems to work on the same premise as Flash Fiction Friday. You can check them out here http://www.thefridaychallenge.com

2 comments:

Zack said...

I checked out Pulp Corner. Lots of spelling & grammar problems as well as sloppy formatting goofs. Hmm. I think I might hesitate about sharing my future profits here.

sandra seamans said...

Yeah, like I said, it's new and I wasn't too sure about the setup, but paying markets are few and far between. It's one to keep an eye on to see if the editor works out the kinks and actually makes the writers some money.