Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pulp Modern

Pulp Modern has hit the streets. This is a new print magazine with stories in various genres. You can find all the details here http://nomoralcenter.blogspot.com/2011/09/pulp-modern-issue-one-is-now-available.html

I was lucky enough to grab a spot in this first issue with a Western story I'd written called "When the Heart Bleeds Green". Here's a peek at the first paragraph.

"Wanda Morrow scurried past the mercantile, trying to hide her face from passersby. She knew her presence in town made folks uncomfortable. One glance at her scars and their eyes drifted toward the dusty street. Wanda blushed when Mrs. Russell worked up the courage to exchange a few pleasantries, but even she talked to the hem of Wanda’s gingham dress rather than look at her face. Wanda didn’t blame Mrs. Russell. The bear had torn the right side of her face into a gruesome mess that resembled a steak waiting on a frying pan."

https://www.createspace.com/3683805

4 comments:

David Cranmer said...

You and I together again. And with western stories. Congrats and I'm looking forward to reading your story, Sandra.

sandra seamans said...

Very cool, isn't it? Can't wait to get a copy.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I really admire you for putting on the stirrups and writing westerns, Sandra. It would take me a long time to get up to speed.

sandra seamans said...

When you have a husband whose favorite TV channel is Starz Westerns, you don't have to take a big leap to get there.

Besides, I grew up on Saturday morning Westerns (Fury, My Friend Flicka, Roy Rogers and Sky King) and every book I read through Jr. High had a horse in it. Margurite Henry and Walter Farley were about the only two authors whose names I remembered as a kid. Westerns are almost second nature :)