Monday, August 17, 2009

Well, Slap Me Happy

The August issue of Yellow Mama has hit the streets with short stories by Kenneth James Crest, Gary Lovisi. David Price, and Sarah Hilary, just to name a few. And there's poetry by Gerald So and David McLean, plus many more. This issue is just packed full of goodies for everyone!

The debut issue of the Collagist is now up. I'm not familiar with any of the writers but there's some top notch stories there and with this issue up they're on the lookout for subs for the next issue. Urls to both of these zines are to the left.

Over the weekend, David Cranmer dropped me a note to say that Bill Crider had written up a piece about My Little Corner in the newest issue of Ellery Queen. Virtual kisses and hugs headed your way, Mr. Crider. Thank you so much!!

And dropping by Cullen Gallagher's Pulp Serenade blog to check out his Stories for Sunday I found a lovely review of one of my own stories! He actually made it sound like I knew what I was doing! Thanks to PulpPusher editor, Tony Black, for accepting the story and Cullen for the wonderfully kind words.

Can you tell I'm Snoopy Dancing today?

4 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Good review at Eastern Standard Crime too.

sandra seamans said...

Yes, I caught that this morning, Paul. Geoff is very supportive of the short story and writes some wonderful reviews that send readers off to find the stories. We need all the cheerleaders we can get!

Barbara Martin said...

Congratulations on all corners, Sandra. Very nice feathers you have for your cap.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks, Barbara! I almost missed this. I really need to remember to use the email follow-up!