Thursday, July 23, 2009

Winners and Markets

The winners of the Clarity of Night Contest are now up http://clarityofnight.blogspot.com/
Congratulations to all the winners!!

1. James R. Tomlinson
2. William Wood
3. Beth Harar
4. Janey V
5. Steve Slatter

Drop on by Clarity of Night for the complete listing of honorable mentions and reader's choice selections and while you're there read some of the best flash stories you'll find anywhere.

Pill Hill Press has just announced the closing date for their Middle of Nowhere anthology. It will close on July 26. They have a list of the authors already selected and a big congrats to Stephen D. Rogers for making the cut.

They've also announced a new anthology called The Four Horsemen. They're looking for stories of conquest, war, famine and death in all genres with a December 31 deadline. Stories for this one will be selected after the deadline. http://www.pillhillpress.com/open-submissions.html You'll have to scroll down the page to find the details.

And SnipLits has announced that they will be open for submissions on August 1st. Be sure to check the guidelines as they're only taking certain genres each month. http://www.sniplits.com/authorsroom.jsp for details and payment per story.

And yes, with the third post for the day, I'm procrastinating. I've found myself between stories and coming up dry at the moment.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Been there done that. Like right now.

sandra seamans said...

I just wrote and/or polished about eight short stories in the last two weeks or so and now, it's like, what next? I do have some old stories that need work, so I'll probably be working on those next. I've got one that's been haunting me, begging to be finished. I just need to figure out the middle to make it work.