Sunday, October 15, 2017

All Apologies to Frida Kahlo by Mara Grayson

I was checking out a market when a title caught my eye and I began to read.  "All Apologies to Frida Kahlo" by Mara Grayson is the beautiful story of a daughter trying to understand the madness of her mother in a painting by Frida Kahlo.  I know it sounds strange but it makes so much sense as you try to understand how mother/daughter relationships work.  In the end we never really understand our mothers until they're gone and we've lost the chance to hold their hand in ours and say "Now, I understand."

5 comments:

Leroy B. Vaughn said...

That's very touching.

sandra seamans said...

Yes, it's one of those stories that just strikes a cord in the reader.

Charles Gramlich said...

I don't know any women who don't have complicated relationships with their mothers.

sandra seamans said...

So very true, Charles.

Sati Chock said...

I'm looking forward to reading this, Sandra. Thanks so much for sharing!