Sunday, October 16, 2016

RIP Ed Gorman

I just read on Bill Crider's blog that Ed Gorman has passed away.  I didn't know the man but I was a constant reader of his blog and learned a lot about books and writing from his posts. 

Long before I knew about Mr. Gorman I read his short story "The Face" in the first issue of Louis L'amour Western Magazine.  The story just blew me away and still does every time I read it.  It doesn't get any better than that.  I haven't read all of his work but what I've read always reminds me of how great a writer can be.

I was very lucky to have a story of mine chosen by Mr. Gorman and Martin H. Greenberg for inclusion in their best of the year crime and mystery anthology titled "By Hook or by Crook".  It was one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me and I will be forever grateful to have been included.

Rest in peace Mr. Gorman.  My sympathies go out to your wife and family.  You will be sorely missed by everyone who knew you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandra,

Had not heard this. Sad news indeed, he was a true talent. Thanks for posting this and getting the word out.

-Jim Wilsky

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes, very sorry to hear of this

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Mr. Gorman was a terrific writer. He had such an unpretentious style. Anyone can read his books.