Monday, April 18, 2016

WolfSinger Publications - Anthology Calls

WolfSinger Publications has several anthology calls posted for this year.  There are two that are of special interest here:

"Love 'em, Shoot 'em" is looking for stories of 1000 to 6000 words that use the theme "I ain't afraid to love a man.  I ain't afraid to shoot him either."  This is open to a variety of genres which include Western and Mystery.  The deadline is June 30, 2016 and payment is a $5 advance plus royalties.  You can find the details here.

The second is "Incarceration".  The stories must feature incarceration in the future and while they're looking for speculative fiction this is a good one for mixing in crime fiction.  Stories should be 1000 to 6000 words.  The deadline is August 31, 2016 and payment is $5 plus royalties.  You can find the details here.

6 comments:

Leroy B. Vaughn said...

Good afternoon Sandra,
Is it just me, or is anyone else having a hard time contacting the Editor at her e-mail address?

sandra seamans said...

I haven't tried contacting her, Leroy, so I couldn't say. Perhaps someone else could answer your question. You might try contacting the publisher and telling them that the email isn't working. Just a thought.

Leroy B. Vaughn said...

Thanks Sandra,
I sent a message to the publisher two days ago. No answer yet.
Maybe there is a cut-off for submissions.
Good job from you as always.

sandra seamans said...

There were reading periods for both of the calls, Leroy, perhaps they don't reply until the end date? It's frustrating when you can't get in contact with the people in charge.

Leroy B. Vaughn said...

Hello Sandra,
False alarm on my part. It wasn't the e-mail address, it was me. One of those senior citizen moments. All is well.
Thanks again.

sandra seamans said...

I really hate those "senior moments", Leroy, and they come more often then I care to admit :)