Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What Author?

I love the "Mind Meld" questions over at SF Signal and today's question is a great one.  "If you were imprisoned for life and your genre-loving (but seriously deranged) warden allowed you to read work from the bibliography of only one author, who would you choose and why?"

For me it would be Georgette Heyer because, for me, she's comfort reading and being stuck in prison for life I think I'd be needing a lot of comfort. :)  While her books are billed as regency romance they are filled with humor, mysteries, war stories, and even a bit of action/adventure tossed in for good measure.  How about you?  What author would you choose?

4 comments:

Michael Bracken said...

I would try to choose an author who had written a lot of books!

sandra seamans said...

Yes, the authors at SF Signal said much the same, though they wondered if choosing a young writer just getting started might give them something to look forward to.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Georgette Heyer would be a good choice. I'm a Regency fan which is why I wrote my own Regency.

In the mystery area, there are so many great writers it would be hard to choose just one. But Robert Parker comes to mind.

sandra seamans said...

Yes, I thought of Robert Parker and he has such a variety of work.