Thursday, November 15, 2012

Horror

An interesting look at the horror genre.  I had to chuckle when he said that vampires didn't scare us anymore because it made me think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and the Twilight Saga.  Ain't nothing scary there. :)  Even zombies aren't as scary as they used to be, they've just become an obstacle that people have to overcome to live their lives.  As a child I was scared to death by the wolf man, mummies, and other assorted creatures like The Blob.  For years I couldn't watch anything with gorillas or apes because I'd have nightmares.  Now, it's the simple everyday things that scare me more.  The things that people do to each other.  What scares you?

2 comments:

Chris said...

Did you see the movie Contagion? That's the kind of thing that scares me: pandemics are a potential and real threat that are pretty scary.

I don't watch plane crash movies either. I travel too damn much. I know I'm more likely to die in a car crash, of course, and that hasn't stopped me from watching movies with car chase mayhem, but plane crashes still weird me out.

sandra seamans said...

Didn't see Contagion but did see Outbreak. I fear the government's actions more than a pandemic. Probably stems from having to go for polio shots and later the sugar cube treatments as a kid. The school gym was jammed with people scared of what could happen.

And I won't set foot on a plane :) Funny the things that scare us, but sometimes funnier (in a strange way) what doesn't scare us.