Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Agatha Short Story Nominees

“Femme Sole,” Dana Cameron, Boston Noir, Akashic Books

“Handbaskets, Drawers and Killer Cold,” Kaye George, Crooked

“The Worst Noel,” Barb Goffman, The Gift of Murder, Wolfmont Press

“On the House,” Hank Phillippi Ryan, Quarry, Level Best Books

“Death Will Trim Your Tree,” Elizabeth Zelvin, The Gift of Murder, Wolfmont Press

Congratulations to everyone!!! And I'm especially pleased to see Elizabeth Zelvin, Barb Goffman and Kaye George on this list for a very selfish reason - I had the privilege of sharing pages with them. Congrats, Ladies! There's a whole chorus line of Snoopy dancers prancing around the room.

5 comments:

Naomi Johnson said...

Congratulations to the nominees. And Sandra, I'm convinced your turn will come.

Barb Goffman said...

Hi, Sandra. Ditto to what Naomi said. Your turn will come. And thank you both for your kind words. It's all very exciting.

Kaye George said...

And here I thought it was an honor to share pages with you, Sandra! Thanks for the shout out.

sandra seamans said...

I've had the honor of being nominated for Derringers and a Spinetingler, ladies, so my turn did come.

I know the thrill of that announcement and it just makes me so happy when good short story writers get the award nods.

Elizabeth Zelvin said...

Thanks, Sandra. I'm tickled pink to me nominated and in such great company. :)