Sunday, November 9, 2008

With Reservations

I'm passing this information about a new zine along for those interested. I also have some reservations about this one because of the editor's track record. This is the second time he's started up Bad Things. The first time was this last May, the title page was published, but no links were ever included to read the stories. Bad Things is also the resurrected version of ThugWorks which was published on a regular schedule and included interviews with several high profile authors, but ThugWorks, too, disappeared without a word.

Chis is a good guy and I admire his work. I have nothing against him or his venture, heck, he published two of my stories in ThugWorks. I just wanted to let you know the history of this publication so you could make your own decision about submitting.

And posted below is the email I received from Chris this afternoon:

I am mourning the death of Muzzle Flash.

It was fun, both for writing and reading. I was PROUD to have a couple of pieces show up there and then later in OOTG, #3 and #4. I know many others felt the same, too.

That being said, if you are still looking for an outlet for your good, quick writes (particularly flash), I welcome you to submit to Bad Things. January 2009, marks the re-birth of the site (formerly known as Thug Works). Previously, we had contributions from OOTG & Muzzle Flash perps such as Harry Shannon, Dayton Ward, Sandra Seamans, EA Cook, the Train Wreck, etc. We pimped interviews with Barry Eisler, Marcus Sakey, Sandra Kring, Rich Ferguson, and Kay Hooper.

Now, we have a Face Book Fan Page (less than a week old), on which you’ll already recognize some names and supporters (and on which we hope to get more FANS as we grow – hint, hint.)

In January, I invite you to be part of something BAD. All good writing is welcome and submission guidelines are posted.

Thank you.

Truly,

Chris Pimental
http://www.chrispimental.com/

If the links don't come through, here's the url for Bad Things
http://chrispimental.com/badthings.html

1 comment:

David Cranmer said...

I have enjoyed reading C. Pimental's work in OOTG and I will look into contributing something to his site. Sandra, if you wouldn't mind dropping me an e-mail at paladin-1@hotmail.com your post reminds me of something I would like to discuss with you.