Saturday, December 5, 2015

Advent Ghosts 2015

I meant to post this the other day but forgot (I swear that some days my mind is standing on a banana peel).  Loren Eaton has posted an invitation on his blog for Advent Ghosts 2015.  Everyone is invited to write a horror story  for the Christmas season - the catch is to write it in exactly 100 words.  Then post your drabble to your own blog or email it to Loren and he'll post it on his blog.  The posting day is December 19 then sit back and enjoy the multitude of Christmas horrors. :)  You can find the details here.  There's no payment or prizes, just good old Christmas fun.

6 comments:

Fiona Glass said...

What a nice idea!

sandra seamans said...

Yes, Loren has been doing this for several years now and it's great fun.

Manuel Royal said...

Sounds like fun! Will give it a shot. I've found that kind of microfiction to be, at the least, a good exercise for any writer who wants to tighten up his style.

sandra seamans said...

Yes, drabbles and 55ers will drive you crazy but they will certainly help you learn how to keep your writing lean, Manuel.

Loren Eaton said...

Thanks for the shout out, Sandra! Apologies for my slow reply in acknowledging it. (I've been doing a lot of freelancing lately, which causes me to neglect my blogs. It's not as much fun as fiction, but it does pay better, sadly.)

sandra seamans said...

The bills have to come first, Loren, so I totally understand. Just happy to boost the signal.