Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thinking Out Loud

"No matter how much pretty packaging you put around something, if it isn't for you, it isn't for you. Stop wasting time going with the trends. Give yourself permission to like what you like, and don't worry about what other people think. If you love your pair of rainbow suspenders, wear them! If disco music is the only thing that gets you grooving, crank up the volume! Be proud of who you are and be proud of all the things that set you apart from the rest of the world."

That's my horoscope today. Do I believe in them? No, but sometimes they hit me with a bit of truth about myself and where I'm going in life. I've been feeling a bit down about my writing lately. I feel like I don't quite fit in anywhere. The genre I most enjoy writing in is populated with an astounding number of talented young men and women who will grow the genre into something I might not recognize and where I'll be the square peg in a round hole. And yet, I keep writing, striving to be the best I can be.

Like wearing those rainbow suspenders, I write what fits me, the stories that come from my heart, that reflect my life and times. And I enjoy what I do because it breathes life into my soul and makes me happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm a Virgo too, Sandra. Did you notice the Scorpio horoscope? It sounds to me like a Scorpio is about to smack us Virgos down ... "Whatever odd behavior has been going on in your social circle simply can't be ignored anymore -- you are going to have to give it some of your attention today. Luckily, you have all the time you need to address this right now, so don't use a tight schedule as an excuse ... set aside time early in the day to start the conversations you need to have. Be bold and up front -- don't be afraid to get to the bottom of things as quickly as possible. You will be glad you did."

sandra seamans said...

Hadn't noticed, but you're right, we'd best keep our heads down!