Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bigfoot Anyone?

I've been coming up pretty empty of late with new markets. Over at Duotrope they have about 8 or 10 anthology calls listed but they're non-paying markets. You can find the listings here http://www.duotrope.com/recentupdates.aspx

If you've got a Bigfoot story hiding in your files or sneaking around in your brain pan this anthology, "Bigfoot Among Us" might be of interest. The pay here is a penny a word and the call closes when filled. You can find the details and links over at darkmarkets.com http://darkmarkets.com There's an interview with the editors of this call over at DL Snells's blog http://marketscoops.blogspot.com You'll also find other interviews and calls at this site.

8 comments:

Sean Patrick Reardon said...

The Bigfoot thing sounds interesting. First thing I thought of was "The Six Million Dollar Man" and "In Search Of" not sure if you remember those shows, but I'm showing my age, for sure. Thanks for the info.

sandra seamans said...

Loved Lee Majors, Sean, but I don't think I remember "In Search Of". This is only the second Bigfoot anthology I've run across so the story field is wide open. Have fun with it!

Sean Patrick Reardon said...

"In Seach of" was hosted by Leonard Nimoy in the 70's and he would investage legends, like Bigfoot, Bermuda Triangle, and Lockness Monster.

sandra seamans said...

Kind of like the "Monster Quest" shows that are on now?

Al Tucher said...

Diana Andrews walks into a motel room and finds out that the new client is Bigboot.

Hmm.

sandra seamans said...

Were those books made for walking, Al? Or will Diana stomp those old Bigboots?

Al Tucher said...

Sigh. These eyes ain't what they used to be. Let's not even talk about the rest of me.

sandra seamans said...

That's okay, Al, I typed books instead of boots. I guess we both need to have our eyes checked :)